Quality • Value • Performance
How We Collect Personal Information
HomeServices Relocation collects and retains information about transferees only when we believe it is necessary to provide the services and products that our corporate clients and their transferees desire. We rely on a variety of sources for this information, including:
- Transferees themselves, over the phone or in person, or through documents they fill out for us;
- Mortgage and/or title companies connected with a product or service involved in the transferee’s relocation;
- Transferees’ employers;
- Anyone a transferee has authorized to provide information on his or her behalf; and/or
- Other sources, in connection with providing a product or service.
How We Use Personal Information
To provide the full range of products and services transferees may need, we may share Personal Information with other companies that, like HomeServices Relocation, are wholly or partially owned by HomeServices of America, Inc. (our “Affiliates”). Depending on our relationship with each corporate client and/or with the individual transferee, we may also work with companies or organizations outside of our Affiliates to provide additional products or services. We may also share transferees’ Personal Information with companies or other organizations outside of our Affiliates as required or permitted by law. For example, we may share Personal Information:
- to protect against fraud;
- to respond to a subpoena;
- to service a transferee’s account;
- with someone a transferee has authorized to receive the information and others as permitted or required by law; and
- with other organizations with whom we have joint marketing agreements and/or with which we jointly provide products or services.
Data Integrity and Security
We make every reasonable effort to ensure Personal Information is both accurate and well-protected. We limit access to Personal Information to employees who have a business need for accessing it. We educate our employees about the importance of transferees’ privacy through internal training and company policies. And we maintain safeguards to protect Personal Information and regularly assess our security standards and procedures to protect against unauthorized access.